Tuesday, April 24, 2012

U is for Unicorns!



U is for Unicorns!  Unicorns have been one of my favorite mythical creatures since I was a kid. I remember going to Ringling Bros. circus the year they had a real live unicorn.   *sigh* It was wonderful.  At least until my brother decided to pick on me all the way home.  I still remember him telling me how it was really a goat and that they had grafted it's two horns  into one on it's head.  Bah! What do brothers know? I'd still rather be that little girl who believes in unicorns, then some disillusioned adult. (I really wanted to put a pic of the poster, but I couldn't find it on the web, and it is in an attic somewhere, but the one above is pretty isn't it?)





One of my favorite movies of all time is The Last Unicorn.  It was based on the book The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle ,











And who can forget the unicorns from Legend?





or Unico?

Ok, maybe Unico wasn't that mainstream when I was a kid. But I soooo loved watching  the movies!


So what's your favorite mythological or supernatural creature? 




1 comment:

  1. Hello, Aimee! Unicorns are one of the best mythical creatures. When I was little I wanted to be a mermaid (thanks to Disney's Ariel) and I always loved reading about dragons and awesome elves like in the Lord of the Rings!

    Have a lovely week and happy A to Z!!

    ReplyDelete