Monday, April 16, 2012

N is for Nancy




Ok, I know I'm gonna get slack from people for this one...but for "N" my choice is Nancy Botwin.  The terribly selfish, shallow mom, and main character, of Weeds, played by Mary-Louise Parker. I can't help it, I love her!
K, not the best plan...
I know she is not a good role model, either as a mom or as a person.  But she is soooo funny! I love watching her make horrible decisions and watching the outcome.   While she somehow seems to squeak out of the consequences of all her actions it is still fun trying to figure out what is going on in her head too.  
In all fairness she does at least TRY to be a mom.  At the end of the second to last season she went to jail in an effort to cover for her son.  (I know, I know he wouldn't have been in the situation he was in in the first place if she had shown just a modicum of self control)

Coffee....
But there it is, I think, the main reason I really love watching Weeds and Nancy in particular.  She has NO real self control.  That little switch in her brain, that the rest of us have that keeps us from just saying F-it and doing what we want, doesn't exist in her.  She does what she wants when she wants and damn the consequences.  There are many days I sooooo wish I could do that.  I'm one of those people that drives themselves nuts trying to please everyone, and then feels guilty when I decide to give myself some me time.
No I don't think anyone should follow in Nancy's footsteps, but maybe if every once in a while I channel Nancy and stand up for what I want? Maybe I wouldn't be as stressed as I am.  Yes stressed is a good word, maybe not the exact word I'm looking for, but you probably get what I mean.


More coffee!!!!!
Also she always has a cup of iced coffee....I'm a coffee addict, unfortunately coffee was one of the first things that got the axe when I got sick....*SIGH* .....maybe that's why I watch and love her...it's not that I like to live vicariously through her and imagine it's me giving a finger to the world...it's me imagining I'm getting to drink a whole lot of coffee!!!!



This is how I feel some days...If I looked this hot maybe it wouldn't be so bad?


Who's your fave bad t.v. character and why? I'd love to know!




No comments:

Post a Comment