Monday, April 29, 2013

A to Z Challenge 2013 ~ Y ~ Young Lord of Khadora by Richard S. Tuttle





A skilled warrior gets entangled in a corrupt political world, his cunning strategies pitted against thousands who seek his death. Marak challenges the clans of Khadora and the Chula, the dreaded cat people of ancient times, in a struggle that will change the fate of the world. Young Lord of Khadora is a tale of magic, military cunning, and political intrigue set in a land where honor is everything yet deceit is everywhere.


My Review:

I really enjoyed this one.

I liked the characters.  I loved seeing how they all interacted.  I especially enjoyed seeing how Marak's mind worked. It was fun seeing how he used his opponents own words against them.

I also enjoyed the story.   I think it was really detailed.  I liked the different lands that the characters lived in and the descriptions.  As well as how the clans interacted with each other and how they viewed the world around them.

The book is the first part of what looks to be an awesome series.  However it didn't end on a cliffie and most of the loose ends were tied up.  Not all, but I assume those will be addressed in future installments.

I think I only had two issues with the book.

The first was the prophecy of the Torak. It was never fully explained. While this will probably be explained later in the series I would have really liked to have it explained in this book OR  at the very least to have someone say what the prophecy was.

The second issue was the first scene in the story.  It obviously is the time when the first of the clans ancestors came to the continent and started to take over, but it just didn't seem to relate to the rest of the book.  Also there was another prophecy spoken of in this scene that wasn't really gone into either.  I just didn't see why it was there in the book, and I don't think the book would have been missing anything if it hadn't been included.

Overall my two issues really didn't make a difference in my enjoyment of the book.  I definitely recommend this one and I want to get my hands on the rest of the series.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is part of the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2013.

1 comment:

  1. Good review. It's hard for me to share problems that I have with a book. I give you kudos for doing that. ;-)

    One more day! Congrats for sticking with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete