Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A to Z April Challenge 2013 ~ H ~ Haunted by Willow Cross





Have you ever heard something go bump in the night and wondered if someone was there? Only to go looking for the cause of the noise and find nothing at all. Or how about unexplainably feeling like you’re being watched when you’re completely alone? Things disappearing for no reason or strange ghostly footsteps in the hall? 

This book is a collage of short stories about a few of the otherworldly experiences I’ve had. Although they are not movie worthy, you may find them interesting. All the stories are %100 true. Nothing has been added for dramatic effect.


My Review:

 I love a good ghost story. You know the ones I’m talking about too.  The ones that give you goose bumps and make you want to turn on all the lights in the house.   Yea…these are some of those!  I made the mistake of starting this one around midnight and thank goodness it isn’t larger than it is, because I couldn’t put it down.  Even when I started scaring myself I just had to finish it!
Don’t get me wrong, not all of the ghosts stories that Cross tells are about bad ghosts.  In fact the first story is actually about a very nice one that saved her life.  But her recounting of her experience had me remembering my own encounters of the paranormal kind and I found myself pulling the blanket tighter in anticipation of what her next story would bring.  Because if you’ve had more than one ghostly encounter it’s almost guaranteed that there is going to be a creepy one!
Cross recounted her stories in such a way that I felt like I was there.  Great creepy factor! I got so wrapped up in her stories I actually jumped halfway out of my skin when the cat knocked something off the counter in the next room. (At least I think it was the cat, and I’m going to keep thinking it was the cat so I don’t scare myself even more! Lol)  The only regret I have with this one is that it was sooo short! Only four stories! So wish there were more!  Definitely going to look into picking up more of this writers work, even if they aren’t ghost stories.  Her writing kept my attention and I am interested in seeing if she can keep that going in anything else she writes as well. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is part of the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2013.

19 comments:

  1. Looks like another book to add to my summer reading list, AimeeKay. :) I'll be back to check out more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the review! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm, time to head to my Nook and see if I can snag a digital copy! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, its happened to me on occasion! Hairy and hoary! Lovely review of this book thank you!
    Susan Scott's Soul Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the review! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This one sounds creepy and good. Thanks for featuring it here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like scary books and I think this one will be on the top of my list. Nice blog and nice A to Z's. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by on the A-Z Challenge to say hi. I do like a good ghost story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, you convinced me. :) It was only a dollar, so I went ahead and bought it. It sounds great! Thanks for giving me a new reading list! :)

    From A to Z, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good book that gives me the goosebumps, thanks for the tip. Happy A to Z.
    maggie winter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review. Will definitely pick this one up, but if I can't sleep I'm blaming you. Good luck on the A to Z journey! Jennifer at Urban Gypsy Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well you can always come back here and check out more reviews! :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I am not much on reading scary books, but you made it look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good. Just don't read it alone after dark! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete