Friday, April 5, 2013

A to Z April Challenge 2013 ~ E ~ The Emo Bunny That Should by: John H. Carroll




Emo the Bunny was a sad bunny. He preferred gloomy days, walks over a cliff and misery of any sort. One day he saw something very unusual. Normally he'd take a nap and try to forget about it, but for some reason he took an interest.

Ducks, bunnies, chickens, squirrels, geese, bears, cows, robins and The Easter Bunny all play a part in the disturbing events which show that woodland creatures aren't always as cute, fuzzy and innocent as they lead us to believe!

Caution: This story is not for normal children. If you have any intention of raising a well adjusted child, this is not the right tale for you.


My Review:

What a truly demented story tale!  I fell in love with this book from the first time I read the title.  It is quirky and yes twisted.

Emo the bunny is misunderstood and very…well very emo. He accidentally finds himself mixed up with some very bad ducks and an evil Easter Bunny.
This story is sooo funny!  Emo is a charming, if unwilling hero.  I love how the author has him interacting with the other characters.  Plus the other characters are entertaining in their own right.   
While the story does portray the Easter Bunny in a very bad light and the humor is a tad dark, there isn’t gore or anything like that in it.  I wouldn’t recommend it for younger children, but midgrade and up will definitely get a kick out of this one.  I had previously had the fun of reading Zachary Zombie and the Lost Boy.  The humor and style of both books are on the same level and I would gladly like to get my hands on some of the authors other works to see if they are equally as amusing. 







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is part of the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2013.

31 comments:

  1. great stuff... it's funny i see you have a zombie rabbit award, i created it years ago and have not given one out in about a year... it's just fun to see it... sorry i made this all about me... :)

    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host
    Oh No, Let's Go... Crazy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sooo cool! I love my award! I got it from V over at Vvb 32 Reads. Thanks again for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. How strange - I wonder what age group that one is marketed to? Please stop by http://citymusecountrymuse2012.blogspot.com/ if you have the chance and sign up if you like what you see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think teen and up? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. What a strange book. I can't imagine reading it to my kids, but could see myself enjoying it. Like Juliet, I'm intrigued about the target audience.

    Your fellow A to Z blogger Robin Hall Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again I would think teen and up. I would let my older kids read it but maybe not my younger ones.

      Thanks again for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an off-the-wall tale, one a lot of people would find truly fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it might be the perfect book for my son, I have to fight with him to practice reading.


    Cynthia (The Sock Zone)@#837

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess it depends on his age group. But I did find it funny and I think my teens would enjoy it.

      Delete
  6. Jeremy, things have a way of turning up years later...

    Nice wee blog you have here.

    All the Best with the rest of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I've been enjoying all your Scottish posts in the challenge this year! Love them they are so funny!

      Delete
  7. Evil Easter Bunny and Emo Bunny... I loved reading...

    - Your fellow AtoZer
    precari0us.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Hi,
    From your book review, it does sound like an excellent book to read.
    Maybe, I will check it out.

    Thank you for a good review.

    Ciao,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the review! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. That's a demented tale.

    Demented. I may say that a few times today.

    I'm blogging AtoZ at
    Take 25 to Hollister
    Don't be a Hippie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading your comment I ran around saying demented a few times too! Now everyone at my house has proof that I'm just a little off! That's ok though. Thanks for the comment love and for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I'm downloading this book now! Thanks for the review!!

    The Good Twin @ thewinetwins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the review, hope you like the book as much as I did! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Didn't know the Easter bunny could be demented. Now I have a newfound respect for the rascal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he's very demented! (gosh that words coming up A LOT today! lol)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. I've always thought the Easter Bunny was a bit demented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Demented!! (sorry just loving that word at the moment!)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. I love the title. I'm going to have to check it out. It sounds hilarious! Thanks for telling us about it.

    The A to Z blog said in the latest post to add a link to your own A to Z blog in the comments, so here's mine: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the review! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. Hah! I was totally not expecting this when I clicked A-To-Zs link - what a fantastic review of a very unique-appealing book.

    It kinda reminds me of some of Raold Dahl's stuff, just from the overview.

    It also reminds me of The Book Of Bunny Suicides.

    Either way, I've always been able to appreciate dark humor, and I'm still a kid at heart - I may end up checking this out.

    Thanks for sharing, Aimee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the review! The author has a bunch of other short stories that have the same twisted humor so if you get a chance you might want to check some of them out too!
      As for me I'm now going to check out The Book of Bunny Suicides!
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Forget the kids - I wanna read it!

    ReplyDelete