Monday, April 22, 2013

A to Z Challenge 2013 ~ S ~ Space Junque by L.K. Rigel




The DOGs want to destroy the world. The gods want to make a new one. The trick is to survive both.

At the end of the 21st century, civilization is at the brink of environmental collapse. As Char Meadowlark prepares to board the Imperial Shuttle for some time off planet, the airport is attacked by the DOGs, an eco-terrorist group.

Jake Ardri, pilot of the private shuttle Space Junque, offers Char her only hope of survival. He takes her to the orbiting Imperial Space Station, the seat of world government.

As the conflict escalates and global war threatens humanity's existence, ancient gods return to take control and impose a new world order. Char and Jake are caught up in a divine plan to save the world - but first they have to survive the apocalypse.

My Review:
I actually read the first chapter of Space Junque a while back on a blog that I follow.  I remember wanting to finish reading it when I was able to pick up a copy of the book and things came up and I just wasn't able to get around to it.  Gosh I'm kicking myself now! lol.  

I really enjoyed this one.  The future Rigel has envisioned is enthralling.  I loved the world she has created.  It has so many possibilities.  I can't wait to read future books in this series and see more of it. I want to find out what is going on with the rest of the humans and non-humans on the planet! 

I liked the characters as well.  I got attached to them.  They are interesting as well as funny and I wanted to see them succeed.  I think the only thing I didn't like about them was that some of them don't make it in the end.  In killing them off it makes it so that I won't be able to find out more about them and enjoy those characters as the series progresses! Not fair to me! (I'm not saying who doesn't make it, trying to not spoil too much)  

The story was interesting.  There's just enough left undone that it leads well into another novel, just enough mystery to keep it interesting without becoming obnoxious. Obviously there is a sort of cliffie at the end, but it isn't anything terribly steep and again, it leads well into the next book.  

P.S. I also really love the cover!!! 

I definitely recommend this one and since it is currently free on Amazon go take advantage and get yourself a copy!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is part of the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2013.




No comments:

Post a Comment