Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A to Z April Challenge 2013 ~ C ~ Clockwork Chloe by Ian Thomas Healy




Bert Tillory had slept with every woman west of the Pecos, to hear him tell it. But when he met Chloe, with her clockwork arm and leg built by a Chinese watchmaker, his life changed forever. Told in the vein of Spider Robinson's "Callahan's" stories.


My Review:

What a wonderful, bittersweet short story! 
I love the way the author brings his characters to life in such a short piece.  The story itself is set in an old west time period and the characters reflect that. Even though they are definitely not politically correct they are fun and amusing.  I found myself laughing out loud quite a few times.   I also found myself on the verge of tears as well. The author deftly manipulates and draws the readers in.  I think this is a great example of the authors writing and I would gladly read more if given the opportunity.  I would love to see more of his ‘weird west’ world and meet more of its inhabitants. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is part of the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2013.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I don't usually read anything placed in the old west, but you've got my attention. Dystopian western? Oh yeah. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's short but good. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete