Saturday, April 13, 2013

A to Z April Challenge 2013 ~ L ~ Lux 1.1 Seeds by Jalex Hansen










Amazon Summery:

In a crumbling America where teenagers are hunted and contained, a small group of rebels rises up to fight a desperate battle against a power greater than themselves.

Lissa isn’t your average seventeen year old to begin with. Raised in a hidden lab, she has been genetically manipulated and given the Lux Marker, an adaptation that allows her to control energy and matter. And she isn’t the only one.

Connor has everything a man could want, and he would trade it all in a heartbeat. At least that’s what he thinks until he does just that, giving himself over to the wrong side in return for what he thinks is freedom.

Hikari never wanted to be part of the system, but she never expected to be on the run from it, either. When she discovers her congressman father is taking part in a plot to kill innocent people, she pulls a team together from the geek squad at her high school in order to break into his office. However, once they hack into his top secret files, they get way more than they bargained for.

Now, as America falls and everything they know and love is destroyed, they will have to build an army to fight for what remains…

Because time is running out.


My Review:


In the author’s note to buyers at the beginning of Lux the author explains that the novel is going to be “episodic”.  I’m really glad they did.  Because of this I knew the ending was going to be a cliffie.  Having that knowledge going in made it a lot less annoying when the cliffie happened.  (I personally have issues with cliffies sometimes they just get old.) 
 However this is not a review of cliffies, this is a review of Lux 1.1: Seeds, so let me get back to that.
I have to say this is quite an awesome start to a series!   I was drawn into the characters from the beginning.  Yes I have some that I liked more than others, but they all were intriguing in their own way. I can’t wait to get my hands on Lux 1.2 to see what happens to them!
 Also even though the story itself if short (episodic remember?) the author was able to cram a whole lot into it!  There was action as well as some very interesting reveals; I couldn’t wait to see what would happen on the next page.  It was fast paced, but done in such a way that it didn’t feel too short or rushed.  
I kinda even enjoyed the cliff hanger ending! *GASP* I know right!?!  Yes everybody was left hanging to various degrees.  However first of all I already kinda knew a cliffie was coming. (See above)  Second certain things weren’t left hanging.   Altogether it really felt like a TV. episode as the author intended.   Hopefully the next ‘episode’ of the novel will continue as the first one did.      



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is part of the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2013.

6 comments:

  1. I veiwed a lot of video entries for this book and got the gist of the plot from them. Nice review.
    Francene.
    A - Z Challenge
    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the review, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This sounds like my kind of book. I'm going to have to find this book. Thank you for the great review.
    A to Z buddy
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link above should take you to where they sell it on Amazon, but I also found it on Goodreads and they have links to other sites where it is on sale. Glad you liked the review and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like the sort of book I will really enjoy. I just got it free for my Kindle. Thanks for the review!

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you enjoyed the review and that you were able to pick it up for free. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete