Friday, April 28, 2017

X is for X: A Short Story by Jack Croxall






Fifteen-year-old X thinks she is going to die. Shacked up in the cellar of an old farmhouse, she starts a diary to document her last few days. Much less than a few days if the uglies manage to get in.


My Review:

Wow. Just wow. 

Yes, X is short, but it just blew me away. Thank goodness it has a full length novel based on it because I can't wait to dive back into the world that Croxall has created. ***Spoiler Alert*** I know based on what I read that X probably won't be making an appearance in the novel. But if it draws me in as well as this did, I'll forgive. You never do learn X's real name, so *shrug* who knows. ***End Spoiler*** 

Anyway. X is a great short. It pulled me in from the beginning and left me wanting more. I really didn't want it to end. If you haven't read anything by Croxall definitely pick this one up. It's currently free on Amazon. If you have read any of his work before... I still recommend picking it up. As I said previously I can't wait to read the book based on this story. X was AH-MAY-ZING!







No comments:

Post a Comment