Monday, April 18, 2016

O is for Oblivion by William Butler







A short flash fiction story about a man who knows he is being stalked and in a twisted way allows it to happen...because he is also stalking his stalker.


My Review:

Oblivion is an extremely short flash fiction, only one and a half pages on my Kindle. I'd say it's more of a scene than a short story. But it was a very compelling scene.  It's told from the first persons point of view. However you only hear the authors thoughts and don't even learn his name. 

Despite all of the above, I would definitely want to read the rest of the story.  See where the victim and his stalker end up. The protagonist most certainly is disturbed in his own right. I'm not sure if in a longer story I'd be able to connect with him.  But with those few words the author already pulled me into the story.   

I would be quite interested in reading more by Butler. If he can get me interested in only a page and a half I would love to see what he can do with more. 









1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's hard to tell when you've written something whether you have a short story or a longer piece. That's a less I learned long ago with my own writing.

    JEN Garrett's Lexical Creations

    ReplyDelete