Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel Challenge 2013


So this year since I said that I would try to get to Level 3 of the Challenge That means I need to have at least 25 books read before the end of the year. That's at least 2 books a month. (and one extra one in at least one of those 12 months)   As a change from last year I'm gonna be putting the reviews up here as I get them done and then linking them in the monthly round-up at Mother/Gamer/Writer.  I also plan to try to remember my update my Challenge page at the end of the month. Want to see what the other people in the challenge are reading this month? Click here!








I got the ecopy of this book through NetGalley.


In this first collection of the critically acclaimed series, the Hoax Hunters travel to Russia, the Louisiana Bayou, and 1984 New Jersey to seek out the truth behind supernatural events - and cover them up! The Hoax Hunters demonstrate the truth isn't out there. Collects Hoax Hunters #0-5.


My Summery:


I almost wasn’t able to download Hoax Hunters from NetGalley. Fortunately for me it finally fixed itself. Hoax Hunters Vol. 1 is awesome!  Seriously tons of fun.  Both the artwork and the story are fast paced.
The artwork isn’t always perfectly detailed. Some frames seem to even have a blurred quality to them. But it is consistent and there are some really nice full page pieces.   It’s not generally my favorite style, but it worked well with the story itself and I liked it.

The story is great. Even when the team is dealing with mass deaths and crazy death cults it still has a bunch of great one liners and jokes.  Where they corny? Some, yes.   But they were funny corny and kept the story from being way too serious.  There are more than a few unanswered questions at the end of this volume.  Plus quite a few characters I would love to find out the background on. But overall it was a great beginning and I hope to be able to get my hands on more Hoax Hunters very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment