Thursday, December 27, 2012

Manga/Graphic Novel/ Video Game Novel Challenge 2012 - December Round-Up




This challenge is being hosted by Mother/Gamer/Writer.
 For more details on the challenge such as levels, guidelines, PRIZES!!!, just click here.

This post is to  link to all reviews of the books I've read for this challenge this month. To check out  books for this month read by other readers that are taking part in this challenge click here!



So I started out this Challenge with a Warhammer 40,000 novel and I figured it would be appropriate to end it with one too!   So the book review I'm giving you this month for the challenge is:



Sons of Fenris
A Space Wolf Novel
By: Lee Lightner

Summery from Amazon:

Ragnar and the Wolfblade are sent to investigate reports of Chaos attacks on the planet Hyades. When the Space Wolves come up against a squad of Dark Angels, the situation quickly escalates out of control, as both Chapters call in reinforcements. Unless these two ancient rivals start working together, the forces of Chaos will surely triumph - can the heroic Ragnar save the day?


My Review:

I really enjoyed the first Space Wolf novel I read back in January and I regret having put off reading this one for so long, because I really enjoyed it too.  I loved getting back into the Warhammer universe and reading about Ragnar's adventures across the galaxy. 
While this book isn't the next book in the series I didn't find myself lost or confused. (as is the case in some series novels)  Also even though it was by a different author the writing styles were similar and not a drastic change from the first novel. 
I really like the Space Wolf novels so far.  They are classic Sci-fi/Fantasy.  Futuristic worlds, fantastical creatures, tons of adventure, and constant action.  The story has mystery to it too that drew me in trying to figure out who was the traitor.
The characters are interesting and I liked finding out where Ragnar had been since the last novel.  Click here to read the rest of my review!

I've loved participating in this challenge and I plan on participating in the 2013 one as well!  Look for my post about it on January 1st, or click here now to find out more info! Thanks to Mother/Gamer/Writer for hosting this Challenge. I've had a lot of fun!     







No comments:

Post a Comment