Thursday, February 16, 2012

...

Hi,

Just a  note to all my readers and friends out there.   Sorry I just stopped posting.  I actually had plans for posts to go up this week.  I was going to set them up to auto-post and such over the weekend.

Yeah. As you can see that didn't happen. The first of the month I was just trying to catch up on some reading and reviews.  Then last Friday happened...

My day started out normal. Although I don't even remember if I checked my email or not in the morning. I assume I did, since I normally try to check it every morning. By mid afternoon though I was in the midst of trying to run some errands and I had just picked up some stuff from Wally-world and was headed back out to take my father-in-law to an emergency Dr.'s appointment.  Yeah that's when hell broke loose in my own little world.  I was backing out of the driveway and somehow my cat, Harvey, was behind my car....

I'll spare the gory details, if only because I still need to finish other important things today and I don't want to curl up in a ball and blow off the rest of the day.  But it wasn't pretty. The worst part was he didn't make it.  The second to worst part was that I saw what I did to him....

Thank God for my neighbors. Specifically Whitney. She saw it happen and rushed out immediately.  She took over and got me off the ground and took care of what needed to be done.

Though she, nor my other neighbor Irving might never read this, I want to again say thank you to them, and to God for them being there at the time.   I am ashamed to say I don't know what I would have done, and I don't think I would have been able to do anything more than scream.

I know to people who don't have deep connections to their pets that it's hard to understand how they become friends and part of the family.  But the fact that I was the one who did what happened to him....well, yeah. This past week has been horrible.

Thank God also for my family and my boyfriend who have given me support through it all.  The worst part still is that when I don't keep myself busy, or I close my eyes for too long I still see it.

I loved my Harvey. I had had him since he was about 3 weeks old. (someone had abandoned him)  My ex and I bottle fed him and he was always around.

I had just recently gotten him chipped, since he insisted on going outside and picking up people.  (he actually had gone into a local Walgreens a few months back and made quite a few new friends. I'm tearing up now thinking about it, yet still his antics bring a smile to my face.)

Even that morning he had me running to get him, cause he had made a new friend who was concerned since he had just been standing in the street, as if he expected her to stop and give him a ride. (which she did)  I never got the women's name. But even she fell in love with him.   Even going so far as to take a pic of him to take home to show her kids.

I loved him, and I know he loved me, and he loved pretty much everyone he came in contact with.  I will miss him and I'm sorry. I know it was an accident, a horrible, horrible accident, but still....

Anyway.

Thank you all in advance for your understanding about late posts, and if I made a commitment to any of you I still plan to honor it, I've just been on auto-pilot the past week.....

Harvey Hayes
5/2007-2/10/2012
R.I.P.

8 comments:

  1. The worst part was he didn't make it. The second to worst part was that I saw what I did to him....

    Oh dear. Oh. DEAR. Small wonder you went into a shock. I'm sending you hugs and chocolate - virtual but honest. I won't say 'nothing happened' because it is not true, such things stay with you. I'll be thinking of you dear AimeeKay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((HUGS))

    I can't even imagine what you are going through and you have been in my thoughts a lot lately. Do take care of yourself. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so sorry! I don't even know what to say, that's so sad, I'm just really sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is so sad for you. Lots to prayers winging their way to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so, so sorry! Losing a beloved pet is soooo hard! I'm just a new follower to your blog, but I'm sending prayers and virtual hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete