Thursday, April 30, 2015

Z is for Zombie Tales Primrose Court Apt. 502 by Robert DeCoteau








Tommy's world is falling apart. It's the worst day of his life, but it's about to get much worse.



My Review:



Yes, another zombie book. But what else am I going to use for the letter Z???? Like I said earlier this month, one of these years I'm going to try to get every book for this challenge to be about zombies. 

I'm always impressed when an author can create a story that draws me in and keeps me interested with so few pages. At only 40 pages Zombie Tales does just that. I really liked the authors writing style.  

The story revolves around Tommy and the day in his life when the zombie apocalypse begins.  I really enjoyed the way the author built his characters. He doesn't always paint them in a great light, but you can understand how they got to where they are in their lives. Even if they aren't shining examples of humanity, by the end of the story I really wanted to find out more about what happens to them. I also want to see what has happened to the rest of the world outside of Primrose Court.  Fortunately Zombie Tales is based on the book Don of the Living Dead so hopefully I will get more answers there. 

I definitely recommend picking up Zombie Tales. It's currently free on Amazon, so take advantage of the sale. As I said above it's a short read, but it's a good one. If you've never read anything by the author before this is a great chance to take the opportunity to do so.  








 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~













I got this book from Amazon because it was on sale and decided to review it for this event. All opinions in this fair and honest review are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the A to Z challenge for 2015 - and for the fourth time in a row!
    We made it! (I did 5 blogs this year for the series - all on different topics. Whew.)
    Thanks for stopping by at
    The Mane Point: A Haven for Horse Lovers . Hope you will visit again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I finished it again! Congrats on 5 different blogs. I did two the first year and decided I needed to focus on only one after that! lol. I plan on visiting again to see all you're a to z posts for this year. As well as other posts you happen to have go up!
      Thanks again for visiting!

      Delete
  2. A forty page book ... I might be able to read that as tired as I am . Yes, we seen our share of zombies for letter Z, but like you said , what else. I enjoyed your review .
    Congratulations for making it to the end of the challenge. I'm trying to make my way through the list and visit all the participants.
    Melissa Sugar
    @msugar13
    Sugarlaw13@live.com
    Http://fictiontoolbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Even if I had another book for "z" I would still want it to be about zombies! lol.

      Delete