Saturday, April 5, 2014

E is for Evolution by Kelly Carrero



Seventeen year old Jade Sommers' life is turned upside down the moment she sees the inch long cut across her face heal right before her eyes.

Jade thinks she is going insane, but her boyfriend, Aiden Scott, knows better. He knows what she is. And like him, she was born this way.

Now if finding out that people like her shouldn't exist isn't bad enough, Jade's best friend is kidnapped by the psycho who terrorises her dreams. With the help of Aiden, Jade has to figure out how to save her before it's to late.

But what Jade doesn't know is not everything is what it seems. She is merely a puppet in a sadistic game to find out what she is truly capable of, and that game has only just begun.



My Review:


I really liked Evolution.
First reason for liking it: the characters. Jade and Aiden are fun. I can't tell you the number of times I found myself smiling or laughing at their conversations. Also I liked the fact that Jade is realistic in how she views her 'transformation'. When she first acquires her healing ability even she has a little trouble believing that it is real. She even gets freaked out about it. The fact that she just doesn't take it completely in stride just seemed to make her more human.  Also, and I know it's because he's the hero, but I really liked Aiden too. The author really made him into a nice guy.
Second reason: the story itself.  It really pulled me in from beginning to end. Not only with the whole super-human concept, but the storyline itself. I couldn't wait to get to the next page to see what was going to happen next.

The ending definitely left A LOT of loose ends, but otherwise I think that it is a great beginning to this series.  I can't wait to start on the next book and see what happens to Aiden and Jade next. Also book one is still free on Amazon! 




2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! It must be really different and unique from all of the other YA books out there. I'll keep my eye out for this one!


    It would mean so much to me if you could visit my blog, www.thatgirlybookworm.blogspot.ca

    My theme focuses on books and the title that is the letter of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure to stop by. Glad you liked the review. Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete