Saturday, April 20, 2013

A to Z Challenge 2013 ~ R ~ Re:union by Eric Liu




I was born twice, but the first time wasn’t my choice. In fact I don’t remember anything about it. The second time, now that's a different story. It began with a game.

Re:union is a previously unreleased science fiction short story by Eric Liu, author of the science fiction novel "Terrene: the hidden valley." Part disaster story and part romance, Re:union is a thrilling and touching exploration, delving into the very meaning of humanity.


My Review:

First let me start by saying this is a short story, a very short story.  At least it felt extremely short to me.
I enjoyed the author's writing style and I liked the whole idea behind the story.  I just wish there had been more to it.  It just felt that right as I was starting to really understand what was going on in Liu's world and starting to connect with the main character, that the story ended. 
I would love to read more about the futuristic word he has created. I would definitely like to find out how Symspace operates.  I would also like to find out more about Troy and how he assimilates into the new world he is being given the opportunity to join. 
Overall it's a nice little bite of the authors writing. Again the only issue I had with it was the fact that it felt like it ended just when the story was really beginning. I would read more work done by the author just based on this example.  It's currently free on Amazon so picking it up wasn't like it killed my wallet or anything. I definitely recommend picking it up and giving it a go. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is part of the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment