Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel Challenge 2012-April Round Up-Pt.4


This challenge is being hosted by Mother/Gamer/Writer.
 For more details on the challenge such as levels, guidelines, PRIZES!!!, just click here.

This post is to  link to all reviews of the books I've read for this challenge this month. To check out  books for this month read by other readers that are taking part in this challenge click here! 


So I didn't think I would be able to get my hands on Volume 4 of Venus Vs Virus 'til next month, BUT I had a surprise  and I was able to get it! YAY! So on with the review.  (If you want to see my review of the first volumes in the series click here)

Venus Vs. Virus Volume 5
By: Atsushi Suzumi

Summery is from both Amazon and the back of the book itself.:

Sumire Takahana is a seemingly normal school girl cursed with the ability to see malevolent ghosts known as "Viruses." Her life hits a crossroads after a run-in with Lucia, a "gothic lolita" clad monster killer for hire. Not content to stay on the sidelines while these "Viruses" prey on the weak, Sumire decides to join forces with the mysterious eyepatch-wearing Lucia to hunt down the Viruses before they can hurt anyone else.

Venus Versus Virus continues in this exciting fifth volume of the manga series. Its popularity continues to grow in conjunction with the recent North American anime release.

As mistrust and unease form within Sonoka's ranks, the evil mistress decides to grant her minions Guy and Ruka just what they desire most--the power to obliterate Lucia and Sumire once and for all!   Is this the ultimate showdown or a sign of much darker things to com? 


My Review:

Ok, things in this volume definitely take a turn for the creepy.  The reader gets some more back story on Ruka and also on Lucia!! (*SQUEE!*) Can you tell I've been waiting for that part???? Plus the connection between Lola and Layla is also revealed!

So still soooo loving this Manga! I've pretty much put my whole issues with the whole lolita thing to the side. (At least for the moment.  I still keep forgetting the main characters are as young as they are, so every once in a while when the story reminds me of their age it does make me have to think about how absent all the parents are.  But really the story itself has drawn me in and I just want to read more!)
I really love how the author has started to flesh out Lola.  She zips around taking over Nachash's place in the group and she always seems  know so much...and then she gets a whiff of chocolate! The contrast is sooo funny.  
Then there's Sonoka and her minions.  The author does an amazing job at making her uber-scary.  Plus there are some scenes where she is...oh how should I put it? Completely kookoo for cocoa puffs, if you know what I mean? The amazing part is, even if I just had the pictures of her face to go by, and I couldn't read the words, I would still realize that there's just something a little off with that girls brain. Yes, the artwork is that good.  The author also does a really good job of showing just how heartless and crazy she really is.  (I won't say how since I don't want to spoil it.) Click here to read the rest of my review!


Okay I think that is all the round ups for this month.  Total of 4 posts all together and 11 books reviewed.
Gosh, didn't realize exactly how many until I just added them up.  *WHEW* That's a lotta Manga!  If you're deciding to read any of these series that I've reviewed 'cause I brought them to your attention, I hope you are enjoying them as much as I have!
'Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment